The order of the tours in the itinerary may be changed for scheduling purposes.
- Day 1: Your tour begins upon check-in at your downtown Winnipeg hotel. Explore the many tourist attractions this vibrant prairie city has to offer, such as the Manitoba Museum, the Winnipeg Art Gallery, or the colorful Exchange District. A short welcome reception will be held at your hotel this evening. Meet your tour manager or guide, as well as your fellow group members.
- Day 2:Following breakfast this morning, enjoy free time to explore the historic Forks area. Board the bus for your mid-day transfer to the Winnipeg Airport, and check-in for your Calm Air flight to Churchill. Welcome to Canada'a north! Upon arrival you will be met by your Naturalist Guide and transferred to your accommodation. A Welcome Dinner and introductory talk will be held this evening, hosted by your guide. (B,D)
- Day 3: The Kingdom of the Ice Bears! Each fall, these extraordinary animals prowl along the coast of Hudson Bay, anxiously waiting for the sea ice to form. Onboard the famous Tundra Vehicle your guide and driver will use their vast experience to seek out these amazing animals. A hearty lunch will be served onboard. We will return to your hotel at dusk, in time for you to experience the local cuisine at one of the town's many restaurants. (B,L)
- Day 4: Today's activities are centered around Churchill. Discover the town's culture and history on a guided tour, featuring scenic Cape Merry, the Port of Churchill, and the renowned "Polar Bear Jail". This afternoon provides free time to visit the Eskimo Museum and the Parks Canada Centre. An optional helicopter trip or tradtional dog-sled excursion can also be arranged. The stunning Aurora Borealis shine brightly in the sub-Arctic. Should weather conditions permit, you may be lucky enough to see this magnifient display. (B)
- Day 5: Enjoy a second full day on the tundra observing the Great White Bear throughout the Wildlife Management Area. Keep your eye out for Arctic Hare, cross fox and snowy owls. A Farewell Dinner this evening will give everyone the opportunity to reflect on this unique experience. (B, L, D)
- Day 6: Explore the shops or take those last minute photos this morning, prior to boarding the plane for your return flight south. Upon arrival in Winnipeg this afternoon, you will be transferred to your hotel for a restful sleep after your Churchill adventure. (B)
- Day 7: Your tour ends following breakfast at the hotel. (B)